An Enervent ventilation unit has been installed in the villa in Kirkkonummi in Southern Finland for more than 10 years. During a maintenance visit, it turned out that it was time to replace the unit. The old unit was replaced with a Salla Compact unit – the very first in history. Salla Compact has a new ceiling mounting mechanism, especially suitable for tight spaces. The customer’s thanks also go to LVI-Trio’s maintenance team, who had listened with an attentive ear to a training session at Enervent Zehnder, when the trainer talked about upcoming innovations.
The ventilation unit’s airflow capacity and its location determine the best option for each property. The units are made to last, and a change of unit only becomes relevant if you want functions that cannot be realized with the old model or if spare parts are no longer available.
A competent maintenance team finds solutions to problems
Jani Lepojärvi and his family have lived in the yellow villa for over 10 years.
– We acquired a pre-fabricated house with complete technical space. There was an Enervent ventilation unit of the Pingvin model installed in a corner. A cabinet-style water heater is installed below the unit and next to it is the central vacuum cleaner.
– I have been satisfied with the installation and the ventilation unit has been easy to maintain. Now that it had a real fault the first time, I contacted an authorized service company. I would have liked to keep the old unit, but now a different type of solution was needed, he notes.
– In the customer’s case, the circuit board of the ventilation unit had broken, and the corresponding circuit board is no longer available on the market, says supervisor Niko Salo from LVI-Trio.
According to Salo, the site visit confirmed that a lot of dismantling work would be required to replace the unit in the cramped technical space. There was also a risk that the water heater could break during the replacement. It was necessary to find a better solution.
The dialogue between the manufacturer and the partner benefits the customer
Enervent Zehnder regularly invites its authorized service partners to update their product knowledge. Last summer, at the Porvoo factory, upcoming product innovations were reviewed under the leadership of sales manager Ronni Laaksonen.
– We were on a training day with my colleague Ville Eskola and remembered that a new ceiling mounting mechanism was under development for the Salla ventilation units. When the customer’s problem came up, I immediately contacted Ronni to ask if it is possible to get a specimen of the new version for installation, confirms Niko Salo.
Enervent Zehnder gave the green light and the Salla Compact unit with its renewed ceiling mounting mechanism was installed in Kirkkonummi without the need to dismantle other structures in the same space.
– I appreciate that the maintenance company took our case seriously and made a real effort to find the best solution for our situation. It made it possible to change to a new ventilation unit from the same manufacturer without difficult dismantling work. When the cooperation between the maintenance partner and the manufacturer works this smoothly, the customer benefits above all else, thanks a satisfied Jani Lepojärvi.
– We collect feedback from customers and service partners. In addition to new solutions, we continuously develop unit models that are already on the market. The popular Salla, launched in 2018, is the perfect choice for villas, and the renewed roof mounting mechanism made it even better, summarizes Laaksonen.
Photo: Ronni Laaksonen with Niko Salo and Ville Eskola from LVI-Trio