Ventilation provides the best indoor climate
A building’s ventilation is based on the pressure difference generated either by mechanical control or by natural ventilation jointly created by the temperature and the wind.
The functioning of natural ventilation depends on the weather. The supply air is not cleaned. It is also not energy-efficient, as you lose heat with the extract air.
Mechanical extract ventilation uses a fan to extract exhaust air. Heat cannot be recovered and there is not always enough make-up air.
In supply and extract air ventilation, the supply air is also blown inside mechanically. The supply air can be filtered and processed efficiently, and heat is being recovered from the extract air. This means that the method is energy-efficient.
We speak of air conditioning, when the supply air is also humidified or dried, cooled or heated, as required. This will ensure that the indoor air is always of uniform quality and healthy for us, regardless of changes in external and internal conditions.
Air conditioning seems to be a standard feature in almost all new cars these days. Why not in all apartments as well!
It is very difficult to implement a good indoor climate in an energy-efficient, air-tight building, without an efficient mechanical ventilation unit equipped with heat recovery.
We at Ensto Enervent know all there is to know about healthy indoor air, energy-efficiency, and effective heat recovery. Since 1983, we have been developing the most progressive ventilation units for houses of all sizes.
The technology behind the energy-efficiency of the Enervent ventilation systems is an innovative heat recovery system, based on a rotary heat exchanger. When you combine this with heat-pump technology, you are able to reach an annual efficiency of more than 90%.
The basics of a good Enervent indoor climate:
- The indoor air is fresh and filtered
- The building is healthy and not moldy
- The rotary heat exchanger returns humidity to the indoor air during winter, and thus always maintains the humidity of the indoor climate at a healthy level for both the building and its occupants.
- A suitable indoor air temperature is created by heating or cooling the air blown inside.
- Controlling the humidity level of the indoor air also enables comfortable indoor conditions in hot summer weather or when it is very humid.
- A rotary heat exchanger is extremely energy-efficient, even on its own, and when combined with a heat pump, you have an energy-efficient solution with no equal. All surplus and waste energy can be harnessed by introducing the Aqua and EnergyBUS functions.
- The summer night cooling of the rotary heat exchanger decreases the cost of cooling.
- The carbon footprint and the payback period of the investment are both small.